Tuesday, October 12, 2010

ART AND SOUL RETREAT

What a great trip and a beautiful place.....Portland, Oregon.  It was so nice to get away and be with others who love what they do.  They had great teachers, rooms were perfect, food was excellent, and I got a little down time but still was able to finish some unfinished projects.  I took a class on how to dye silk and it was a real joy.  Easier than I thought!  It was like Christmas every time I unwrapped a dyed piece of silk.  I made a silk scarf with silk yo yos on the bottom for my friend whose idea it was to go!  Hope I can go next year!  Just a few more days and I will be off to PIQF (Pacific International Quilt Festival) in Santa Clara, CA.   I have been attending this event for fifteen years and look forward to another spectacular time.